Giving back

I feel it is VERY important to help others, so I will be donating AT LEAST 10% of all profits generated from this site to help in Humanitarian Aid around the world.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Running again

Ok, I took WAY too long of a break from running when I pushed my left calf too hard.

I am back into the swing of things again. I ran 3.6 miles today on the paved roads around where I work. I felt great! My Vibram Five Finger KSOs were great as always!

Every time I run in my Vibrams I know even more so that I will NEVER wear traditional running shoes ever again.

I really enjoy running in the Vibrams, I love to feel the road, when I run on rougher terrain it is like getting a foot massage while running.

My wife and I have been looking at some different local runs that we can do together. We are going to start with some 5Ks, then move up to 10Ks once she feels comfortable with the 5K distance.

I just bought my wife a REALLY nice treadmill so she can run no matter what the weather is and so she can watch our little one while working out. She went for her 1st run on it today and she loved it. I am also looking forward to running on it when the weather turns too nasty to run outside.

My wife and I have also begun to use our Chia seeds to supplement our diet and for more energy. I love them, I can feel a deffinate difference when using them. As Vegans they are a great source of protien also.

Yes my wife and I decieded to take the plunge and go Vegan, not just Vegetarian. It makes things a little more complicated, but it is still very doable.

As our primary source of protein we use several different soy products and rice products. Our favorites are vegan chicken patties which we cook on the stove in a little extra virgin olive oil. We also eat a lot of beans for protein. We love hummus also as a good source of protien.

Sorry this post kind of goes all over the place, I will try to keep on topic better from now on.

My Minimalist Running Forum: http://forum.minimalistrunner.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm also making the transition from a life time of regular running shoes to barefoot running. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete