Giving back

I feel it is VERY important to help others, so I will be donating AT LEAST 10% of all profits generated from this site to help in Humanitarian Aid around the world.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Update

My Vibram Five Finger KSOs should be here today. I am really looking forward to going for a run in them.

I have been walking on a gravel road every day at least once a day for about a 1/2 mile to a mile trying to get my feet ready for barefoot running. I have been walking barefoot as much as I can.

Just to give some back ground on me. I am 36 years old, I am in the US Navy, I retire in 2 years (WOOHOO!) I ran Cross Country and Track in High School.
My best mile was a 4.16 in my Junior year (Senior year had a torn hamstring). I also ran many 13.XX Cross Country races (3 miles).

I have not been running that much if any for the last 6 years. I am overweight (192.4 lbs at 5/ 9"), and out of shape. I have planterfaciates (sp?) in my left foot.

I really want to get into long distance running. I know it is possible to get back in better shape than I was in my prime, and that is my goal.

My Minimalist Running Forum: http://forum.minimalistrunner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment