Giving back

I feel it is VERY important to help others, so I will be donating AT LEAST 10% of all profits generated from this site to help in Humanitarian Aid around the world.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Running

I went for my second run in my Vibram Five Fingers yesterday. I ran on the base perimeter roads again, which are gravel and dirt. I ran at a pretty good pace for 30 minutes. I did hit a couple of rocks that hurt, but overall it was a good experience again.

I feel SO good to be running again! My feet are very tired and wore out though due to using muscles I have not used in a long time. I know they will get stronger the more I go barefoot, and run in the Five Fingers.

I plan on doing my first 5K sometime in September or October. I hope to be doing it with my wife and 3 kids, we will see if they will be ready by then.

On a side note, I am vegetarian and I eat 6 small meals a day. Actually my wife and I are going to start a Body for Life Challenge on Monday 03 August 2009. I love the program, I eat 6 times a day with a meal being a portion of protein, a portion of carbs, and a portion of veggies (I do not really portion my veggies).

I usually eat a veggie burger, a baked potato, and a green salad. I also eat tofu, egg whites, beans, and Tempe for protein.

I will post more about my diet during this process soon.

My Minimalist Running Forum: http://forum.minimalistrunner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment