Giving back

I feel it is VERY important to help others, so I will be donating AT LEAST 10% of all profits generated from this site to help in Humanitarian Aid around the world.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Running in my Vibram Five Fingers

I went for a 30 minute run on Friday on gravel roads and felt great. The only thing I have noticed so far from switching to running like this is that the balls of my feet are sore, and very tired. I know it will take a while to build up my muscles.

I also went for about a 2 mile run on Saturday pushing my 17 month old boy in his jogging stroller, he loves to go for walks and runs.

My wife and I went for a 7 mile hike on Sunday with about half on gravel and the other half on pavement. By the end of it we were both in pain. It is definitely going to take some time to get used to walking/running/hiking in these shoes.

Even though it is taking some time to get used to them and I am in some pain due to my foot not being used to using all those muscles it is definitely worth it. I love the way they feel, the way my feet are able to move and how they feel as if they are part of my feet when I am wearing them.

My Minimalist Running Forum: http://forum.minimalistrunner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment