Giving back

I feel it is VERY important to help others, so I will be donating AT LEAST 10% of all profits generated from this site to help in Humanitarian Aid around the world.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

7.5 paved miles in Vibram Five Fingers

Today I was on duty for the Navy, so I had to run 1.8 mile laps around our compound on paved surface roads in my Vibram Five Fingers.

It was great until my left calf started cramping. Had to cut the run short, I ran 7.5 miles. I wanted to run 14.5, but oh well, I guess those are the breaks sometimes.

I had my Camelback on with Gatoraid and I had "Chia Razz" bars from Nature's Path to eat. I think they had a lot to do with my energy level. I felt as if I could run a marathon tonight! I ate a Chia Razz bar about a half hour before my run and one about 3.6 miles into it.

Here is a link to the Chia Razz bars on Amazon. This is the cheapest I have found them and where I get mine.






The Vibram Five Fingers were great! I LOVE running in them! I will NEVER go back to traditional running shoes ever again! They have allowed me to start down the path of becoming the runner I know I can be.

My Minimalist Running Forum: http://forum.minimalistrunner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment